2012年8月23日星期四

You’ve Piqued My Interest With Neutrals, Benefit! The New Benefit Peek-a-Bright Eyes Eye Illum

You’ve Piqued My Interest With Neutrals, Benefit! The New Benefit Peek-a-Bright Eyes Eye Illuminating Kit

Advertisement



benefit peek a bright eyes eye illuminating kit

A pink unicorn with a rainbow maneOf course I got all jazz hands (JAZZ HANDS!) when I saw the neutrals in Benefit’s new eye illuminating kit, Peek-A-Bright Eyes ($32).

Brown, beige and pink eye makeup works on me like shot of makeup love straight to the heart! The combo takes me to that happy place where pink unicorns with rainbow manes roam free, Ryan Gosling walks around shirtless 24/7, and everyone’s eye makeup always looks flawless. :)

Benefit says the shades in the kit, which arrives at Benefit stores, counters and online next month, all work together to create a dazzling, bright-eyed, wide-awake look.

It comes with three eyeshadows (a base shade in Buff, a contour shade in Brown and a highlight in Pearly Pink), two tiny eye brushes, an Eye Bright and a booklet with a tutorial, and some tips and tricks.

For my makeup this afternoon, I used the tutorial in the kit as a jumping off point…

Benefit Peek-a-Bright Eyes Eye Illuminating Kit swatches

benefit peek a bright eyes eye illuminating kit

benefit peek a bright eyes eye illuminating kit product shot

So…I love the packaging. I think it’s totally cute and so totally Benefit, but wearing the makeup and looking at myself in the mirror, I’m not really sure I’m seeing wide awake.

I’m surprised that the products look much cooler and paler on my skin than they do in the pans, and I see a little more fallout from the eyeshadows than I’d hoped. That, and they’re also not quite as smooth as I expected them to be.

Hmm… I think this one’s more of like for me than a love. It might be better suited to paler pretties and cooler-toned cuties.

Off to the farmers’ market!

And I hope to come home with some yummy heirloom tomatoes for this Tuscan bread salad.

I’m also craving kettle corn (big surprise). There’s a guy at the Novato market every week who makes it fresh while you watch.

He’s like a popcorn angel, LOL!

That moment when he hands me the bag, all piping hot, and the salty sweet scent wafts over me? Agh! Gets me every time.

Hope you had a good day today. Almost time to cross the hump. :)

Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,

Karen

Related articles:

没有评论:

发表评论